Theme Weekend Scavenger Hunts – Throughout the Festival Grounds ending at Revels
Contest Runs 10-3:45
Contestants MUST be at the Revels at 3:45 to be considered for a prize
1st – 1 Season Pass to 2015 Texas Renaissance Festival and Prize Bag
All completed entries that are in the box by 3:45 will get two tickets to next year’s festival.
Player Eligibility, Entering, and Playing:
- This contest is open to all ages. As with all Theme Weekend Contests, all contestants must be attending the Festival, which does include complimentary passes and children under 5. Festival Participants on a pass are ineligible to enter.
- To enter, contestants pick up a Scavenger Hunt clue sheet at the Information Booth beginning at 10:00 a.m. Contestants solve riddles which will take them to various shoppes/booths/entertainers throughout the day. The combination of shoppes/booths/entertainers will be different for each Scavenger Hunt.
- Once the contestants have found the destination or person designated by the riddle, the contestant will receive a themed stamp. Participants may require contestants to work for their stamp (examples include telling jokes, singing silly songs, or dancing silly dances).
- Each riddle has a different stamp/color, so that participants cannot stamp multiple clues.
- Contestants do not have to acquire stamps in a particular order.
- Contestants may drop their completed pages in the designated box at the New Market Music Gazebo at any time throughout the day.
- At 3:45 all Contestants need to be at the new Market Music Gazebo, with their completed sheets in the designated box.
- At 3:50, the contest manager will begin drawing hunts out of the box. To qualify as the winner, the Scavenger Hunt must be complete and correct. The first sheet to be drawn out of the box that meets the criteria will be declared the winner. The winner must be present to win.
- Only one winner per family per weekend
Scavenger Contest Specifics by Weekend:
Any weekend featuring a Scavenger Hunt will have the clue sheets at the Information Booth near the Front Gate.
1001 Dreams – October 18 & 19
The Fairies have spread their magic throughout New Market Village!
Pirate Adventure – November 1 & 2
Every good Pirate enjoys a good Treasure Hunt!
Highland Fling – November 22 & 23
Join in the Great Sheep Hunt finding all the sheep in the village!
Celtic Christmas – November 28, 29 & 30
Father Christmas and his elves have spread their candy canes in the village and need help finding them!